There are many intricate details to consider when selecting a company for air medical services. From insurance options and payment methods to staff qualifications and aircraft maintenance, choosing the company you’re most comfortable with depends on a lot of separate factors. Whether you want the #1 rated air ambulance company or simply the one that makes you feel most at ease, the following qualifications should always be met:
- Aircrafts are well maintained, and licensed by the FAA
- Staff is professionally trained in critical care during air ambulance flights
- Flight coordinators are always available to help with flight organization and details
- Staff is well-versed in insurance-related matters
- Company is globally and/or locally recognized for excellence
- A wide variety of state-of-the-art medical equipment is provided on the aircraft
- Staff is flexible, friendly, patient, and knowledgeable
Another optional feature in providing first-rate air medical services is a membership plan. These are designed to reduce costs and increase options in the event of a medical evacuation. Often, insurance companies will only pay for your travel to the closest appropriate facility- which may not be near your home. At iLife Flight, our plan allows members to choose their treatment location no matter how far it is from the emergency’s location.
In addition to the above criteria, any reputable air ambulance flight company will be able to provide you with evidence of all licenses and certificates. Essentially, if you have any doubts or concerns, your chosen air ambulance service provider should be able to put your mind at ease with evidence of professional certification.
At iLife, we don’t just meet these expectations- we exceed them. Our Flight Coordinators are available 24/7 to answer questions about our company and all of its policies- including insurance; our fleet and equipment are all of the highest excellence; our expert staff is air certified, board certified, and highly trained in air medical services; and we are widely considered by peers and medical professionals to be among the best air medical services in the country. Contact us online or call (800) 538-9875 to find out more about the world-class air ambulance services provided by iLife.